Business Grow System
Create a Buyer Persona (or customer profile) for each target audience segment.
ADMIN NOTE: One persona is ideal but no more than four are manageable.
Key Take Away
A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on market research and real data about your existing customers.
When creating your buyer persona(s), consider including customer demographics, behavior patterns, motivations, and goals. The more detailed you are, the better.
Buyer personas provide tremendous structure and insight for your company.
The Reason This Matters
A detailed buyer persona will help you determine where to focus your time, guide product development, and allow for alignment across the organization. As a result, you will be able to attract the most valuable visitors, leads, and customers to your business.
How This Will Benefit Your Organization
Having a customer avatar that clearly represents the brand’s main client will help to focus the whole company’s mission around helping that person rather than a cold impersonal demographic description of a target audience.
Who Should Do This
Your marketing department should be collecting much of the data needed to build a buyer persona. Include all departments to weigh in on details. Marketing can then take key factors from each level to make sure a complete client representation is constructed.
How Long To Allocate For This Task
This process can a week to several months depending on the number of target client demographics you identify at the beginning. Working through all the data or finding the data to support your efforts can be a struggle as well.
- There are many sources for Buyer Persona Templates online, I would recommend using the one from Hubspot. Here is a link to the Buyer Persona Information. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. They offer support, definitions, templates, and examples.
- If you do not want to go through the process of creating a legitimate “Buyer Persona”. You can create an avatar from your existing client base.
- Don’t Guess What Your Avatar Looks Like
- Survey your top clients using the material from Hubspot to create an Avatar that closely represents your ideal Buyer Persona
- Do not get frustrated with the data – Use the guides from Hubspot included with their download to help you determine what data you need to focus on to make a beginner’s Buyer Persona